Wednesday, October 1, 2008

KEEPING THE SPIRIT OF FREEDOM ALIVE

Posted by Picasa
KEEPING THE SPIRIT OF AMERICA ALIVE BY R.L. HUFFSTUTTER
WHILE DRIVING AROUND A FEW DAYS AGO, I SPOTTED THIS NEON SIGN IN THE WINDOW OF A SMOKE SHOP...
Until that moment, I hadn't really considered smoking as a spiritual choice. Sure, I understand it is not recommended by the Surgeon General and many others in the medical field. I know that if I had never started smoking, I wouldn't begin smoking just for something to do. Most folks don't realize it, but back in the 1940s, ads were published by Camel cigarettes stating that the flavor reached the T-zone. Doctors with stethoscopes and lights on their foreheads smilingly stated that Camels "reach the T-zone." Things have changed. This is one change for the best. Nevertheless, smoking is an American right, so let us not get too uptight about banning smoking everywhere but in our own homes. Let's keep America a great place to enjoy a good smoke whenever and almost anywhere we please. There are laws we must obey; I do not recommend we break those laws. I know that one must be 18 or over to purchase smoking products. I do not recommend anyone smoke. For those of us who have smoked and plan to continue smoking, let us be reasonable and understanding. Let's demonstrate the American spirit...

No comments: